It's super easy to make authentic Japanese miso soup at home! Homemade miso soup is not only delicious, it also brings many great health benefits.
Health Benefits of Miso Soup:
1. Help maintain a healthy digestive system
2. Good Source of Nutrients
3. Good for bones
4. Improve your heart
What is Miso Soup?
Most Japanese meals are served with a bowl of steamed rice and a traditional Japanese soup called Miso Soup.
Miso, fermented soybean paste, is made from soybeans, grains ( steamed rice or barley), salt, and koji culture ( a fermentation starter).
There are 3 major types of Miso is our store : Dashi Miso；Red Miso；Awase Miso.
Miso Soup Recipe Ingredients:
- Miso Paste : you could choose your favirout type of Miso paste
- Tofu : I like to use soft tofu beacuse it is smooth texure.
- Wakane : 3 tablespoons; Soak the dried wakame in a little warm water, and it will expande like crazy!
- Scallions: they add a nice crunch and sweet, onion flavor to the soup
- Tamari : For serving, and add a drop at a time until your soup has a well-balance savory falvor.
1. Soak the wakame in a small bowl of warm water for at least 5 minutes to rehydrate.
2. In a small bowl, stir the miso paste togather with some of the hot broth or water until the mixture is smooth.
3. Fill water into the medium pot until the water is boil.
4. Stir the miso mixture into the boiling water.
5. Drain the wakame and add it to the soup pot along with the scallions and tofu. Simmer over very low heat for one or two minutes. Season, to taste, with tamari.